Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WAVERUNNER: Choosing Fabrics

There are many posts on my site Bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com
about the process of this quilt.

This site is only for the tutorial and the video...
If you make one, please send me an email at

bumblebeansinc@gmail.com

Enjoy and have fun!
Thanks!

Victoria


Choosing fabrics

Fabric requirements:

I've had a few good questions about collecting your fabrics...

my quilt top is aprox 50" square.

I used 1/4 - 1/2 yard of, i think, 9 different fabrics...
Depending on which ones I wanted more of or less of in the quilt top.

Some asked about Jelly rolls, I would say this:

You need to be able to cut various size of strips.

We will not be using a ruler to cut these strips...
A rotary cutter to randomly cut strips is all we need.

we want wonky wavy strips... from 1" to about 2 1/2 or 3" strips, and long is best...

I have some scraps left over but not a lot...





I suggest you keep it to solids, or blender prints... (subtle fabrics with small designs)


My preference, I am loving the solids... I don't do it very often...
But ultimately that choice is yours...

I tried busier scraps, and a blender, and solids on this little piece...
You decide.

3 comments:

  1. Two seams and I am finished my waverunner! This was a fun project...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Victoria for this tutorial and for this pattern!!! It is really nice! I WILL be sewing this up! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete